Saturday, June 6, 2009

Shots.




GK got her shots yesterday. She was smiling while I was getting her ready, just like this photo and already my heart felt broken while I was thinking, "My poor darling. She's so innocent. She has no idea what is coming."

Anyway, the pediatrician said, "She's genuinely perfect." I love my girl!

As the nurse gave GK her first shot, I felt every muscle of my upper body tense up. My poor baby shrieked to the top of her lungs and moved her head left to right in such slow motion while no sound was coming out of her mouth. It was one of those "freeze cries".

"OK, OK," I was thinking in my head trying to keep composed, "just one more shot."

Then the nurse gave her another shot on the opposite leg and that's when I almost cried because it looked like my darling was so hurt. She shrieked, to the very VERY top of her lungs, made no noise for a good 5 seconds as her face was frozen with a painful look, then finally started crying again for a few more seconds. She stopped crying.

Nerve recking, indeed.

No comments: