Time is moving by so fast! Ahhhh! It's crazy.
So anyway, another year. New resolutions.
Overall, it is safe to say that resolutions help us become better people. Here are a few that I would like to share:
1.- Try to be even-keeled. I can be a little hot headed sometimes which lead me to say things that I know deep down inside I don't really mean. Ways I can become an even-keeled person is by not always voicing out my opinion, especially when it won't help the situation. In other words, bite the bullet. 2.- Don't act on impulse. (tough, tough, tough one for me). 3.- Pray more.
2.- Listen more. I love to give my opinion, even when it is not needed. I think if I listen more, I would be more of a help. Plus, whatever I think or how I feel doesn't necessarily mean I am right.
3.- Be more organized. This one is a tough one for me. I am Queen of Clutter! I can't visualize in my head how things should be, so it makes it harder for me to make things organized. Especially when I am trying to clean. Also, it doesn't help that Nicholas has a million bazillion cords and gadgets that make no sense whatsoever to keep. Come on, man, let some things go! I just want to throw everything away sometimes. Plus our closet is super tiny. Not only that, but I have to share it with a BOY!!! Yes, feel sorry for me, NOW!!! (A closet is a very, very, very, very important thing to consider!)
4.- Work out more. I am not looking into being super model thin (cuz I think I'm pretty scrawny, anyhow) nor am I trying to get all beefed up. Just a simple run here and there to make my heart work, a little bit of yoga, and some other classes as well. People have this misconception that only heavier people should work out, but I think people of all shape and form need to get some kind of physical activity rather than be sedentary. I'm sure we've all heard the phrase, "Use it or lose it." Well, I don't want to lose it.
5.- Be less of a hypochondriac. All right, so the hand sanitizing gets a little out of hand sometimes and every time I get a stuffy nose, I take airborne. I like being healthy, so I do some pretty crazy things to increase my chances of staying that way. I actually find humor in doing so!
6.- Be a better mother. This goes without saying, but our children deserve nothing less than the best from us.
So here we are again... A new year. Another tic mark on the time line. I'm anxious to see what this new year will bring. I hope it will be healthier, happier, and full of more love and laughter.
I have no real plans. I kind of just live life day by day, and it bothers me. I have an idea of what I want to do, but then I have to sit down, organize my mind, and put my thought into motion. I like knowing. I like stability. I know I have important business decisions to make this month. I don't know whether to keep pressing on, or to just throw in the towel with real estate. I also have to renew my license, that is if I decide to stick with it. I think we all know that that this was never in my heart, but something I knew I could rely on and at least for a little bit help out my family. I did what I could though and it was never for all for me.
Something very valuable I learned in 2009 was not to feel guilty for doing things for myself. Just because others aren't happy with it doesn't mean that I'm doing anything wrong. It is very liberating to know this because I have felt for the longest time I was being controlled by guilt that I'd let a lot of people down. On the other hand, I can never let people down.
So we'll see. Tomorrow is a new day and probably closer to a new plan :-)
Cheers to not knowing!
No comments:
Post a Comment