As for me, I can say it was definitely a struggle for me to adapt to the many changes this year, but in the end I can say that I'm thankful to God that he made it hard for me. I think it helped humble me as well as find peace and clarity in my life. I also have great friends who helped me through it. I can let out a long sigh of relief. In no way shape or form am I saying I have everything figured out, but I can say that God is always at work with me and I when we lean toward His love, we lean toward perfection.
Christmas this year was a lot more meaningful to me. I not only got to spend it with my new family but also with my close friends. I almost cried on the 23rd listening to Christmas music on the way to the office because I realized that the birth of Jesus is what brings love and draws people near to each other. We cannot deny that.
Ugh. I sound like a preacher. That is not my intent. I'm just writing from the heart <3.
2009 highlights, both good and bad:
-Celebrating the new year with Nicholas, Sophie, and my preggo belly when the clock struck 12. We jumped up and down on the bed and I told Nick, "This is our last new year with just the two of us."
-Isaiah's baptism.

-Boycotting Valentine's Day. Little did I know that Nick wanted to propose to me that day and I ruined his plans. LOL. My bad!
-Laughing so damn hard with The Backroom Podcast crew during a breakfast meeting.
-Getting bell's palsy (this is obviously a bad highlight!)
-Nick proposing to me.
-My beautiful baby shower/engagement announcement thanks to my wonderful friends and family!!!








-Giving birth to a beautiful baby girl. I had no idea I was in labor. I told my doctor that my stomach was moving more intensely than usual. "But I don't think I'm in labor because isn't it suppose to hurt?" She told me to go to triage (of course I had to go to Rite Aid first to buy razors to shave my legs, then shower, blow dry my hair, put on my makeup and hoop earings- just incase I was in labor I did not want to give birth looking like a hot tranny mess) and and low and behold I was 5cm dilated and I had a fiance (at the time) 4 hours away.... Lovely.


-Rachael and Joyelle's graduation party.
-Our civil ceremony.
-GK's first time at Sea World.
-Visiting St. Peregrine

-Kenny & Melissa's wedding. My camera went missing afterward *cough, Gerry*. Lol, JK! That was a fun night for everyone and an honor to witness the two of them getting married! A beautiful everything!!! (Engagement announcement, wedding shower, rehersal, wedding, reception). We're going to miss them as they venture off to DC.





-Marie's Surprise birthday party! That was such a success. Kris is an amazing friend who was the mastermind behind it all!
-Isaiah's 1st birthday party.
-Visiting Chino Hills.


-Nick's first Father's Day.

-My first Mother's Day.
-My birthday which was celebrated with my friends at Gaslamp. Kris got us bottle service. Thanks, BFF! My family had put together a small BBQ at the house. On my actual birthday Nick, GK, and I went shopping for denim and he treated me to a lobster lunch. YUM!!! Nick's family cooked some filet mignon that Sunday. The best birthday, ever!!!




-Kris cooking that spontaneous dinner!
-Spending more time with my church family. I love them!
-Spending more UBFFL time with April.
-Learning Tai Chi with Julius.
-Marie helping me out with the baby while I took class.
-Spending more time with Arlyn.
-Halloween with the kids. We went to Sea World to watch Diana perform.

-Girl trip to Vegas! Kris' Vegas celebration. We had so much fun and the buffet was the best part!!!



-The Lector wedding. The Calderon's held it down that night with The Groove band. We all had so much fun. Of course it was CLASSIC that Nick and I went up to dance on the dance floor and asked Grandma to watch GK. In the middle of the song, I looked toward their direction and I see GK sitting in her carseat on an empty table with no one in sight. Grandma left. Oh dear.

-Sunday dinners. Always.
-Thanksgiving. Of course.


-Gabriella's Christening




-Quadruple date with Tiff, Vic, April, Matt, Medjoy, Neil, Nick, and my preggo belly at Roy's! Good times with good people.
-Dr. Camacho's anniversary party with mom, brother, and Kris. Kris and I ended up going to Seau's that night and ran into a lot of people!



-Breast Cancer Walk with my compassionate friends and family.

-Outings with the gals. Thankful to Nick for watching the baby while I had my girl time!


-Of course, Christmas. A time for peace and giving.


I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas. I would upload photos from my camera, but I left it in Armel's car when we went to go fish tank shopping yesterday. Peace be with you all and I hope you get to reflect on all the GOOD things that this year brought and think about how 2010 can be a more prosperous one for us all.
<3,
smeekaki
No comments:
Post a Comment