Friday, April 2, 2010

& He chose to walk that road out of his love for you and me...

Today I attended a three hour Good Friday service and it allowed me to think about Christ's final journey and to understand what love is. Love is three nails on a cross. You can tell a lot about a man by the way he dies.

What is Good Friday about? Good Friday is about love. It's about Christ humbling himself before his people out of love. Everything Christ went through was foretold in the scriptures.

Now that I'm older with my own family, it seems like I understand His great sacrifice more, but I don't get the time to really sit down and reflect on it as much as I like.

I always had this thing that aches in my heart everytime I realize it. Call it Catholic guilt or what have you, but you know when people say "ignorance is bliss?" Well sometimes understanding can be hurtful, for me at least. Understanding means denying yourself and letting something greater take control. Understanding is hurtful because I realize how ugly and ungrateful of a person I can be. Understanding also means I can do so much more to serve God and to humble myself.

All right... Now I'm understanding... I do have peace in my heart, even with all the bull shit that flies through my head. It's the kind of peace that is learned through the wisdom of God. No greater sacrifice.

Good Friday is about LOVE.

No comments: