
“Your life will never be the same,” were the words that were said to me the day we broke the news to Nick’s dad that I was pregnant.
A few months shy from two years, I couldn’t agree with him any more. My life will never be the same. Only a parent can understand this.
The second I noticed the blue cross on the pregnancy test (and the same result four tests later- I mean how accurate can those things be, right?), the day Nicholas assured me that we were in this together, the second I heard her little bitty heart beat, the first time I ever saw her sonogram, the day I felt her move in my belly, going through the pains of labor, and then finally on Wednesday 9PM on the dot, April 8, 2009, GK (5 pounds 13 ounces, 19.7 inches), was finally born. Yup. My life will never be the same.
Today is my daughter's birthday and also my first year of being a mother. I never knew how tasking of a job being a mother would be, but all together it is the most rewarding thing to have ever happened to me. I know, for a fact, that nothing in my life will ever be as important to me than to be a good mother and role model to my daughter.
Life is a miracle and a true joy to be a part of. Being able to care for your child is instinctive and innate, but the love I have for my daughter is above and beyond anything here on Earth.
I have a lot of respect for mothers (don't worry dads, I got love for you too!) because I can empathize with them.
Not only is motherhood a 24/7 gig, but having to go through the pains of labor and pretty much giving up the bodies we had (hello, stretchmarks aka battle wounds from LooOooOve) takes a toll on us emotionally and physically.
Life will never be the same again. A lot of things I used to hold in high esteem are now trivial after having my first child. I value my time more and have a deeper appreciation for people who have been there for me.
Thanks to everyone who has shown nothing but love during my first year of motherhood. We are truly blessed.
To my dearest Gabriella Kaya, Happy 1st birthday. I love you very much, my daughter. <3 Mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment