Monday, November 17, 2008

Over the weekend...

You don't know how happy I was when Nicholas got off work early on Friday. After the work day, I got ready for our date night and while I was getting ready, the news was on.

A high speed car chase in San Diego took place during rush hour on Friday night. A man in a green Honda minivan was being chased by the cops on the 52 freeway to I-5 Northbound for being a suspect of child-molestation.

I find this to be somewhat ironic because the other night I was talking to my friend and former editor-in-chief, Gabe, and I told him how San Diego news is slow and that there's not as many opportunities out here than there would be in the LA area or San Francisco. He told me that he watched a high speed car chase earlier that day and I remember when I was living in LA there were a lot of high speed chases. A high speed chase is to LA as is a nice sunny day is to San Diego. I told him it's been a while since I've watched a high speed car chase.

On Friday night, my eyes were fixated on the television while I watched the police chase after this man. I dunno man, something about high speed chases draw me like a moth to a flame.

"They're gonna get him, they're gonna get him!" I said to myself as the police were drawing near to him and as traffic was approaching.

The guy got out his car as soon as traffic hit and then he booked it on the I-5 North.

"Damn, this guy is slow," I thought while the police man himself was out his vehicle chasing after the guy with his swift long strides.

The suspect went onto the opposite side of the freeway, now running against traffic on I-5 South. As the policeman was coming even closer to the suspect, this mother f*cker decides to cross the freeway!

He made it passed the fast lane, but right after he passed the fast lane, a white car hit him and his body went flying into the air, landing on the ground and rolling over.

At this point I am standing up and yelling, "OH MY GOD!!!" and so was the announcer on News 8... well I don't know if she was standing, but she did say, "OH MY GOD!!!"

I called up Nick on his way home from work and told him the story. Luckily, he was already passed the North County area (he had to go to Fallbrook that day), so wasn't stuck in that horrible traffic.

When Nick came home he told me that they announced over the radio that the suspect died. I was sad because even though he was wanted for those charges, I can't imagine what his mind was going through or how he must have felt to make irrational choices. A tragic ending... supposedly!!!

Turns out the suspect made it after all, according to ABC10. See how easily the media can manipulate how you feel? They announced that he died, at first, which caused me to feel sad for the guy. Now he's alive?!?! I still feel sad for the guy because he's messed up physically and mentally, but I felt like I've been fooled in a way.

Anyway, enough about that. I just never seen anything that real, crazy, and live on television before.

Friday:
.-dinner with the Macario family
.-"Role Models" with Nick. It was a good laugh for me.
.-knocked out right when I got home.

Saturday:
.-the inn
.-lunch with mom and aunts
.-errands with Nick
.-church and rosary
.-dinner at the Macario's
.-knocked out right after and Nick waking me up 2 hours later telling me, "You've been asleep for 2 hours already." DUDE!!! I was sleeping, not napping. Don't wake me up!

Sunday:
.-church.
.-Grandma Labao's
.-errands for Grandpa Del's 40th day rosary
.-rosary
.-head ache
.-church to sing
.-dinner
.-target
.-watched part of knocked up but i ended up knocking out

Now it's Monday and I'm tired and I haven't had my lunch yet. PEACE!

No comments: