Friday the 13th.
My memory has been so foggy as of late and I am one who prides myself with having a very good memory. It is a symptom of pregnancy and it will pass.
On Friday, from what I remember, it was spent with my mom and brother. We went to get flowers because my brother's best friend's grandfather passed away. Since my mom used to own a flowershop, she knows where to go to get wholesale flowers, and I'm talking about ridiculously dirt cheap compared to how much they are sold at the shops.
Anyway, after making a few pieces for my brother's friend's grandfather's viewing, I worked on the invitations to the shower. Initially, I wasn't suppose to do anything to the invites because they were fine the way they were (thanks Marie!). However, Nick and I had to reprint a whole new set because there was a mistake with the RSVP.
We reprinted them at Kinko's and ended up with copies that weren't bright enough. I think we chose the wrong paper. Plus we didn't print them big enough. Unhappy and critical about the way the invites turned out, I decided to go to Michael's to add a little bit more "umph" to them. They ended up turning out really cute. Thanks guys for your help =)
It's kind of weird considering that it's my shower and I'm the one making final decisions on things. A shower should be a surprise, but people are going through run throughs with me. I think a lot of it has to do with me and Nick composing an invite list (we only want one shower with everyone there.) Although I do appreciate it, I don't want anything to do with my shower anymore. I just want to show up and enjoy. Why do I have to be such a control spaz?
We ended our night going to the viewing, socializing with all of my mom's friends, and then going to Michael's to get more supplies and materials for the invites.
I ended up falling asleep. Poor Nikki ends up having to do everything because my ass is always too tired to do not a damn thang.
ValenTIME'S Tables Day. The official love-hater day.
The night before Valentine's Day, I decided I didn't want to do anything special or out of the ordinary because Valentine's Day is really suppose to be about St. Valentine, but capitalism gone f*cked that up.
Before my decision on boycotting Valentine's Day, I was thinking about going up to Catalina Island for the day since it's not too too far away and I tire of this city too easily. That all changed though.
Accoding to a very reliable website called Wikipedia (sarcastic tone), no romantic elements are present in the original early medieval biographies of either of these martyrs. By the time a Saint Valentine became linked to romance in the fourteenth century, distinctions between Valentine of Rome and Valentine of Terni were utterly lost.
Plus, I don't believe that LOVE should be recognized on one day alone, but every freakin' day with everyone important in your life. If you feel like doing something a little extra spesh, then do it whenever you damn please, not only on one allocated day.
So yeah, we boycotted Valentine's Day and did not spend a single penny celebrating the day. I felt bad because I know he wanted to do something cool for the sake of it being the weekend. I was stern on my decision though.
Ironically, instead of buying stuff, we ended up returning stuff. We shared our feelings on Valentine's Day with all the cashiers we came across. It seemed like they were single, which is why they were working, and they totally agreed with us.
I did enjoy the day with Nikki. We spent it working on the invites, sending them out, having a nice home cooked dinner with his parents (they are sooo cute), returning merchandise, and watched half of Zach and Miri Make a Porno. Funny movie, but we only watched half of it because we were watching it streaming and in order to watch the rest of it, we had to pay to become members of the website. PAY!? I don't think so!
As usual, I end up knocking out. Sometimes I don't even remember trying to fall asleep, but more so I close my eyes and BAM! I'm sleeping.
Funny Sunday.
Feeling that LOVE should be celebrated everyday, I decided to do something sweet for Nikki and I cooked him breakfast. Spam, egg, rice, sprinkled with seaweed and a little bit of sesame oil- total culinary status. I ended up eating half of it... How sweet of me. Nonetheless, he liked it (so did I).
After that, we had to go to an executive meeting. We got down to business, but the end of the meeting was freakin' the best laugh I had in ages. I almost cried from laughing so hard and I was worried that it would induce labor because of the way I was controlling my ab muscles. I would recap the whole thing; however, it's one of those things that you had to be there. You just had to be there.
We also visited Nick's grandpa yesterday. It was hard to find him because he doesn't have a headstone yet. We were able to find the spot though and said a prayer over him.
Later on that night, met up with Arlyn to attend mass with us and also break bread at the end of the night. It's always good to hang out with long time friends. I am so stoked that she's going to live like 3 minutes away from me in a few months!!! All of my friends, including myself, have moved away from our original stompin' grounds. Some of them are still there, but most have moved away. I just miss being less than 4 minutes away from everyone like in high school... going to a friend's house didn't seem like "Wow, I have to drive all the way here."
That's all for today. I'm going to warm up the left over pasta Nikki packed for me. See, little things like that are ways to show your love...
Show your love...
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Willing to Express.
- Bambu
- Blue Scholars
- Charlye
- Christina
- Dennis
- DJ Phatrick
- EJ
- FTS Technology
- FYS Gentlemen
- Gabe
- Gawad Kalinga
- Guerilla Busfare
- I AM THAT GIRL
- J Morco Inc.
- James
- Jeryl
- Jeryl's knowledge center
- Jessica
- Joanna
- Jon
- Kiran
- Liz
- Lynn
- Medjoy
- Medjoy's Fashion Blog
- Michael Baisden
- MISS CREW
- MISSBEHAVE
- Never odd or Even
- NYLON
- Pnoy Apparel
- Post Secret
- Sheryl
- Tariq
- The Art of Jon Ventura
- The Backroom Podcast Blog
- The Backroom Podcast Show
- Toeknee
- VICE
- Victor
What's done is done.
-
▼
2009
(98)
-
▼
February
(16)
- I like it when...
- Trying to stay positive
- awkward
- sometimes...
- Hmmmmm...
- if a picture paints a thousand words...
- Friday the 13th/Valentine's Day/Funny Sunday
- today is cold. my toes feel frozen.burrrrrrrr.....
- Tuesdays are the slowest...
- The Roots - Lazy Afternoon
- written in april 08.
- "The stone that the builder refused...
- I have been...
- Previous post
- Like R. Kelly said,
- Thoughts before bedtime...
-
▼
February
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment