...I've been busy taking care of a beautiful angel.
I have found myself with some free time so I could do things like update my blog and get back to people who have messaged me via Myspace and Facebook. That's because my handsome baby daddy/fiance has also been taking care of our beautiful baby. He has been nothing less than supportive during this new and exciting time of our life.
Seeing him with our daughter, especially when she's sleeping on his chest and he's knocked out at the same because he simply is running on empty, gives me plenty of reasons to fall in love with him all over again.
On April 8, I gave birth to a beautiful angel named Gabriella Kaya. We named her Gabriella because it was during Christmas time that we found out that she was a girl. During mass, the readings would mention the archangel Gabriel, the messenger.
I always loved the name Gabriel, Gabrielle, Gabriella. There is also the saying, "Gift of Gab", usually said about someone who is good with words or has the ability to speak well to deliver, such as the archangel Gabriel. With me being a person of many [written] words, I thought it would be fitting.
Words are a gift. Words can also be a curse. There's a saying that a wise man doesn't speak. It's kind of like having knowledge and what people choose to do with the knowledge acquired. "It's what you do with knowledge that makes it wisdom."
I want my daughter to be able to express herself. Of course that will probably bite me in the ass later, but expression is freedom and I want her to be as free as possible.
Kaya, a name that Nikki chose, means paradise or resting place. It is also a Bob Marley song, but before Nikki knew that, he heard a version by Haiku d etat
"Kaya natin" in Tagalog also means, "we can."
Gabriela is also a Filipina womans right's activist organization. Put that together with "kaya natin", well, I guess we have the future at our hands.
More later. I'm exhausted!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Willing to Express.
- Bambu
- Blue Scholars
- Charlye
- Christina
- Dennis
- DJ Phatrick
- EJ
- FTS Technology
- FYS Gentlemen
- Gabe
- Gawad Kalinga
- Guerilla Busfare
- I AM THAT GIRL
- J Morco Inc.
- James
- Jeryl
- Jeryl's knowledge center
- Jessica
- Joanna
- Jon
- Kiran
- Liz
- Lynn
- Medjoy
- Medjoy's Fashion Blog
- Michael Baisden
- MISS CREW
- MISSBEHAVE
- Never odd or Even
- NYLON
- Pnoy Apparel
- Post Secret
- Sheryl
- Tariq
- The Art of Jon Ventura
- The Backroom Podcast Blog
- The Backroom Podcast Show
- Toeknee
- VICE
- Victor
No comments:
Post a Comment