In 3rd grade I learned many things in class. In fact, I would say I learned the most valuable and useful things in 3rd grade that was pertinent as I advanced into 4th, 5th, and 6th grade all the way to junior high, highschool (Sweetwater!!!) and college. I was like a sponge in 3rd grade. A sponge that absorbed all information I found to tickle my fancy.
Anyway, one day during class, we were learned about different world religions. I learned about reincarnation and I was fascinated with the idea that we can come back into this world as a worm, flower, etc. depending on how virtuous and honorable we lived our life.
I remember at the end of the week I learned about all this reincarnation stuff, I watched TGIF on ABC (Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, and I forgot what other show it was). Following TGIF was 20/20 and since I was allowed to stay up a little bit later on the weekends (f*ck bedtime), I would watch it.
That night, 20/20 covered a special on the Amish in Ohio. I remember feeling empathy toward them because they were not allowed to use electricity, had to do chores 24/7, and pretty much shunned themselves from society.
Then I got this crazy idea that if I were to misbehave as a child, I would come back in my next life as an Amish person.
True story. I lived the next few weeks trying to be a great, virtuous, abiding daughter for fear I'd come back in my next lfe as an Amish person because God forbid I live a life without TV.
True story.
Cut and paste the link below on your browser to see what I was afraid of as a 3rd grader:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo74Dn7W_pA
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Willing to Express.
- Bambu
- Blue Scholars
- Charlye
- Christina
- Dennis
- DJ Phatrick
- EJ
- FTS Technology
- FYS Gentlemen
- Gabe
- Gawad Kalinga
- Guerilla Busfare
- I AM THAT GIRL
- J Morco Inc.
- James
- Jeryl
- Jeryl's knowledge center
- Jessica
- Joanna
- Jon
- Kiran
- Liz
- Lynn
- Medjoy
- Medjoy's Fashion Blog
- Michael Baisden
- MISS CREW
- MISSBEHAVE
- Never odd or Even
- NYLON
- Pnoy Apparel
- Post Secret
- Sheryl
- Tariq
- The Art of Jon Ventura
- The Backroom Podcast Blog
- The Backroom Podcast Show
- Toeknee
- VICE
- Victor
No comments:
Post a Comment