Wednesday, December 5, 2007

where art thou?

I was watching Oprah yesterday and the show featured the author Elizabeth Gilbert who wrote Eat Pray Love. She had a natural glow to her and I want to know how to get that glow. I was inspired for a few moments by her story.

How many of us can say that we are truly fearless? Who can dive head first into the unknown? Not many. But through her spiritual quest, she was able to discover her inner soul.

I feel like I know who I am, what my morals are, etc. etc. How would I know if I found my inner soul? There are so many things that I have yet to discover about myself beginning with my culture. Being a second generation Filipino can be confusing. I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am just as Filipino as the Olive Garden is Italian. Sure, I have my feeble attempt of being able to speak the language. I can understand when Tagalog is spoken (somewhat).

How can I find that? I think by having inner peace with myself then stripping myself from false realities, it will lead me to the right direction.

Gotta go study. Good night!!!

No comments: