Saturday, October 13, 2007

asanti sana! squash banana!

For those of you that do not know, the title of this blog is dedicated to Rafiki from the Lion King who chants, "Asanti sana! Squash Banana!" after he realizes that Simba is still alive and that he can be king.

It is Friday, well technically, Saturday morning, and I'm at Nikki's home in SD. We were going to go out tonight, but I had this discomforting pain that made me want to stay in. If this pain persists, I probably will visit a doctor-- a REAL doctor, tomorrow. I'll update on whether or not it goes away, hopefully it will.

So I was talking to a professor yesterday and he made me realize something very important. As much as I bitch and complain (like I was doing earlier in the above paragraph), I can NEVER feel sorry for myself. The SECOND a person feels sorry for themselves is the SECOND that we lose hope... And we can never ever lose hope. Life is according to hope.

Another thing I want to include is that one of our friends, Watchara, had his picture published front page on the L.A. Times. That's big isht right there since L.A. Times sets the bar when it comes to news writing in the West Coast.

Although the story is really sad, the photo that he took was off the hinges. Go Watchara!!! See: Street racing takes deadly form.

Anyway, last night I was suppose to go to Shawn Reymundo's poker night, but we ended up being the lazy bums that we are and kept it local. Nikki and I went to Islands to meet up w/ Christina, Kevin, Watchara, and Maritza. We were on a good one.

So yeah, after talking to both Watchara and Maritza, I decided to give the tribune a try. Well, I shouldn't get my hopes up, I still have to go through the interviewing process of course, but they were interns too and look where they are now. Even interns like Christina and Ron have had a good run with it. Might as well get my foot in the door...

At the same time, I have to keep grounded because I know that there's a lot of things I have to work on with my writing. I want to have AP Style down pat.

Ok, for those of you who had no idea what I was blabbering about, my apologies. I am just motivated and I feel like sharing it with the world.

PEACE be with YOU!

No comments: