Friday, June 20, 2008

No rest.

Who are you? If you are Filipino, Mexican, Black, Latino, Asian, Anglo-Saxon, whatever. We all have a main aim to gain, more so than others and sometimes even a little more selfishly, but the gain is usually a positive one. It's just a matter of drawing the lines and using the frontal lobe to create a decision on what is good and bad. The black and the white. Socrates' theory says that knowledge is innate. I believe that knowledge from within has been developed over time to ensure survival. Ultimately, all answers point to LOVE or a higher power, being, energy or what you want to call it. We cannot live on bread alone. We need love, compassion, kindness, and humility so we can learn, be happy, and grow.

So why get involved? People need you. Believe it or not, they do. They need what you have. They need your gift. They need your voice, your opinion, your words, your money, your love, your heart, your inspiration. We need to raise awareness. We need to outreach. We need to change the depiction we see on TV. We need to educate ourselves with what's really going on, not turn a blind eye because that's not what we're here for.

What I have is not for me. The gifts that I have are not mine to own. They can be mine so that I can take pride in them, but no... they are not for me. There is a bigger picture and even after I throw my keys on the table and kick off my shoes, I still understand that there is still a lot of work that needs to be done.

I do it all for you.

No comments: