Saturday, July 19, 2008

No one likes waking up early on a Saturday.

Just killing time before Ed picks me up. Our duties today include marketing for the festival. Plan was for him to get me at 8 am. It is now 9:30. Ed should change his name to laggED. Haha, just kidding, bro.

Last night was draining. What exactly have I compromised? What was my gain? No ones intentions are bad nowadays, or so it seems. That should not be an excuse to hurt the people we love. RESPECT.

"I need to take a month off my life to reevaluate what's right." -Son of Ran.

I need to have that "forward" kind of thinking.

A man was asked by a guru if he wanted to learn how to levitate. The man said, "yes." So the guru took the man to a near by lake. Then he grabbed the man and tried to drown him. The guru used great force with the man's head, grabbing his neck and bringing his face down into the water to the point where the man was about to lose all circulation. The man vigorously tried to fight back. Finally, the guru let go.

The man angrily tried to fight back.

"What the heck are you doing, man?!" The man screamed.

Moments after the man regained his cool, the guru asked him, "What were you thinking of when you were about to drown in the water?"

[This is the part where you, the reader, has to think about what YOU would think of if you were the man the guru was trying to drown... done yet? OK, I'll give you more time to think. Ready now? OK.]


The man said, "To get my head out the water."

The guru said, "Then, my friend, you are ready to learn how to levitate."

The moral of the story is that you have to have that forward kind of thinking in order to have certain gifts in life because if you think about it you can use the gifts you have for either good or evil. If you were thinking of other things like, "I'm gonna die!" or "I need to not die!" then that is not forward thinking. That's instinct. We are not animals of nature but creations of God. Use it wisely.

Got that story form Daniel over dinner a couple of weeks ago. I embellished it a little to make it seem exciting, did it work? Of course I probably told the story all wrong.

Quarter till 10 and laggED is not here yet. My stomach wants food... I didn't eat yet because according to Bunkz, there's tons of food at the event. I don't want to spoil my appetite.

Ahhhh... what would be a blog without a plug.

www.ftstechnology.com/backroom

No comments: