Seriously, I wonder who coined up the saying, "Hump Day." Is it because it's the middle of the week and when you hump you use the middle part of your body? I don't know. *Shrugs.
Pecson wedding was fun! Congrats Rick and Jillian.
Marriage is a beautiful thing. The unification between man, woman, and God. The sacrament to follow through with God's will. It's a cycle! Procreate, recreate!
It was really good to hang out with Nicholas, Mel D., Efren, Mel A., Ken, Rick, Jill, Roland, Sarah, Kev, and Myra. We took advantage of the open bar and even bought two bottles of champagne to split amongst the women. I love this crew. They know how to party and keep it classy.
The past few days have been nonstop Backroom coverage for the National Council of La Raza (NCLR) Convention. In a way, I wish Filipinos can come together and do big things like that because a lot of the issues that are going on with Hispanics apply toward Filipinos as well, ie immigration issues. They are the forefront right now to paving the way for immigration reform, and we (as in Filipinos) should also stand right next to them because it's not just Hispanics they are fighting for, but ALL immigrants whether you are from Ireland, Philippines, Britain, Spain, etc. There aren't 12 million people here undocumented because they want to be criminals. There are 12 million people here because they want a better lifestyle and a better opportunity. It is such a delicate topic to touch up on because these people are hiding in the shadows, but at the same time what about those people who are coming here legally doing it the "right" way? Sometimes it's just all about being the luck of the draw. It's not an issue about race, it's an issue on humanity.
NCLR made me open my eyes to a lot of things.
We were able to watch McCain and Obama speak at the convention. You can hear our thoughts as well as coverage by going to www.ftstechnology.com/backroom. Like I said to my friends, "Love us, hate us, agree with us, beg to differ, laugh with us, laugh AT us... either way we still love you."
Backroom=Grassroots. If anyone wants to hop on board or be a guest, let me know because together we can be the voice and air those voices that need to be heard.
On another note, last night I went to the Journey concert with my mom, aunt, and brother. I felt very proud as the lead singer of journey, Arnel Pineda, represented and rocked out! Philippines stand up!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Willing to Express.
- Bambu
- Blue Scholars
- Charlye
- Christina
- Dennis
- DJ Phatrick
- EJ
- FTS Technology
- FYS Gentlemen
- Gabe
- Gawad Kalinga
- Guerilla Busfare
- I AM THAT GIRL
- J Morco Inc.
- James
- Jeryl
- Jeryl's knowledge center
- Jessica
- Joanna
- Jon
- Kiran
- Liz
- Lynn
- Medjoy
- Medjoy's Fashion Blog
- Michael Baisden
- MISS CREW
- MISSBEHAVE
- Never odd or Even
- NYLON
- Pnoy Apparel
- Post Secret
- Sheryl
- Tariq
- The Art of Jon Ventura
- The Backroom Podcast Blog
- The Backroom Podcast Show
- Toeknee
- VICE
- Victor
What's done is done.
-
▼
2008
(142)
-
▼
July
(13)
- This is going to be a lengthy one, I can feel it. ...
- bitter sweet sunday.
- City of dreams.
- If you got a gun up in your waist please don't sho...
- happy monday, weekend recap.
- No one likes waking up early on a Saturday.
- I'm not mad at the world, but I can see why people...
- Wednesday Hump Day.
- NCLR
- do you see what i see???
- Late night blog.Just killing time here at the hote...
- God Shed His Grace on Thee...
- A few things I want to put on it.
-
▼
July
(13)
No comments:
Post a Comment