Monday, May 4, 2009

I haven't been myself for a while.

Hello.

I'm still adjusting during this postpartum period. I don't even want to summarize the ER scare that I had almost a week and a half ago. To make a long story short, I'm here. Healthy, alive, and able. Special thank you to my doctor, who is also the mother of one of my close friends, for being blessed with the gift to heal people. I have grown fond of her.

Still recovering though and I my will to get better stands strong. Perhaps I'm being mellow dramatic, but do keep in mind 1.- I'm a writer, 2.- the meds are still in my system, and 3.- my hormones are adjusting to how they were prior to my pregnancy.

I miss the feeling of being pregnant. I was forever and a day bubbly. Sure I had those crazy mood swings that terrorized my handsome fiance, but it felt like I was on some kind of high.

Anyway, all the labor pains/postpartum pains seem to go away every time I stare at my beautiful daughter. She always makes this weird face like she's mean-muggin'-str8-thuggin', but it makes me giggle inside.

SOoooOoOo, since you, the reader, are most likely my friend, I ask that you continue to keep my family in your prayers. I am so blessed to have such supportive family, friends, and friends that are family.

When I found out my health wasn't 100% at the time, a lot of things were running through my head. The little things that upset me instantly went out the window and all I could think about were the people that I love, especially my newborn. A mother's love will make what seems like the impossible become possible. It was a wake up call to get back on my feet again and to do the things I love doing the most. It'll take some time, but I know we are all God's masterpiece and He is always at work with us...

God works in mysterious ways.

Broken, but blessed.

No comments: