Monday, November 2, 2009

I take Airborne every so often and sometimes I get comments from people such as, "That's not FDA approved."

I know, but I take it anyway understanding that it's more of a supplement rather than a medication.

Anyway, I hate how people throw around the phrase, "That's not FDA approved," so loosely.

I hate it very much.

Why? Because a lot of prescription medications that are FDA approved have very harmful, life threatening side effects.

I was on antibiotic treatment when I was pregnant prescribed by my primary doctor (not my OB GYN). It was deemed to be safe during pregnancy.

I just read an article right now that recent studies indicate that the antibiotic I took does in fact have ties with birth defects. I do not blame it on my doctor for prescribing me this drug because it was considered safe during pregnancy.

Although I trust and have faith in God that my baby is healthy (my well baby check ups can reassure this), I can't help but be ANGRY that the FDA would say "Oh yeah this drug is safe," and turn around and say, "OH NO, DON'T TAKE THAT DRUG."

I mean WHAT THE F*CK. This is someones life(style) at stake. I hope that they aren't putting a stamp on it because they are being persuaded by monetary influences because that is immoral, unethical, sinful, and a lot of other negative connotative words.

Modern medicine is indeed a miracle. A lot of people would not be alive if it weren't for medicine. On the other hand, I can't help but feel like there is some kind of negligence with the health care system and pharmaceutical companies as well. Everything is so tainted in this industry.

I was watching Bill Maher and he was interviewing a medical doctor on his show. The doctor said that it is not the health care system that is failing, but rather our society's behavior. That is food for thought.

Anyway, after reading that article, I can't help but feel paranoid about my daughter. A mother wishes and prays to have a happy and healthy baby. I wouldn't want my daughter to suffer because of something that was wrong with me.

So please, God. Just keep my baby safe. I know she's safe because we love and Trust in you.

No comments: