Monday, November 30, 2009

holidays.

Something about the holiday season brings out a different kind of energy in (most) people.

A couple of years ago, I was Grumpy McGrumpers. You can even look back in my past blogs around this time, I was not feeling like I was in the spirit at all.

Last year I was full of joy and love being pregnant and all. Being pregnant during your second trimester around the holidays is seriously the best. That's why when I see Melissa (Nikki's brother's wifey) I get all emotional because she is pregnant right now (second trimester) and seeing her reminds me of when I was pregnant around this time last year.

There are a few reasons why I loved being pregnant second trimester around this time of year:

1.- I was able to enjoy the cold(er) weather. My body usually is colder than normal. Sometimes I question myself if I am half reptilian/half human because my hands and feet are constantly cold. I actually considered that I was a cold blooded creature. Being pregnant, your body tends to heat up and my feet and hands weren't as cold as an 80 year old man's for the first time in my life last year.

2.- I was able to hold my food down during the second trimester meaning I could enjoy the holiday grub a lot more!!! I loved this. I loved the fact that I could eat then go upstairs and pass out without having to clean (WOOPS! =X hee hee) after holiday gatherings. I loved the fact that during my second trimester I was not upchucking after every other meal. I especially loved how I could go up for seconds, thirds, and fourths... (Man, I'm getting hungry)

3.- The pregnancy glow, especially around the holidays, is more evident.

4.- Second trimester I had the most energy during my entire pregnancy. Toward the end of my third trimester, I was pretty much exhausted. I was also tired of being HUGE and pregnant and wanted to give birth already. Having that energy during the holiday season is a big plus!

This year, being a first time mother, I can say that the holidays is about the kids, but also for adults. It makes us happy seeing that we can make other people happy. I love this time of year.

----
Thanksgiving was spent with Nikki's side of the family during the day, and my family at night.

nom nom nom!


our loves.

No comments: