We went to Delano, CA, a place known for The Delano Grape Strike. Filipino farm workers along with Cesar Chavez marched 300 miles to the state capitol (Sacramento- duh) to bring attention to the farmer's work's cause. Eventually, farm owners felt pressured to meet the demands of the farm workers. People power.
Anyway, I was there this past week and there was really nothing for me to do out there. I ended up renting a car so I could roam around and see what the place had to offer.

One of the days I was roaming around the city, I stopped by The Heritage Park Museum and the worker, age 14, was giving me a tour of the older homes. It was his first day there, and he told me it was his first time going into the house he was about to show me. As soon as I walked in, he said, "Yeah, I've never been inside here before because of the stories I hear."
"Uhhhhh, what stories?" I asked. (AWKWARD!)
"Oh, they say it's haunted," he said.
"Haha, haha," I did my uncomfortable laugh. I laughed to break the silence. "Well then! I guess I'm not going in there!"
Then he told me how there's some kind of doll there that's haunted. It gave me the chills. So I said, "Peace out," and continued on with my little "adventure."
Another lady in Delano thought it was a good idea for her to feed my daughter a chocolate cookie. I was so upset. I really freaked out. I called every mother I knew to vent, including my own mother who is in another country at the moment.
1.- Do not feed a baby any kind of food without asking the parents first if it is OK.
2.- Why on earth would you feed a baby CHOCOLATE of all things?! I was sooo pissed!
You guys should have seen GK's look on her face. I wanted to take a picture. That was the happiest I remember seeing her. She obviously wasn't upset about eating a chocolate cookie.
I drove back to the room almost in a panic because of my frustration that someone would do such a thing.
Ack.
Other things we did there:
-Had great Thai food.
-Had a nice steak dinner.
-Went to Bakersfield to go shopping.
-Strolled around.
The scariest thing happened on our way back home. We almost got in a car accident. I was driving on a two lane freeway trying to overpass a big rig. When there were double yellow lines, I decided to try to overtake the big rig, but there was another car going in my direction really fast.
I seriously thought we were going to be in a head on collision. Then I started thinking all these things at one time:
1.- OMG, the baby.
2.- I am NOT going to die (right now), but this might hurt a little bit.
3.- What do I do, what do I do?!?!
It was my indecisiveness that could have possibly killed us. What I should have done was speed up (even though it looked like I was going to hit the guy in front of me). Instead I slowed down. Then I started swirving. First I went to my left. Then the car in front of me went in that direction, so it still looked like we were going to hit each other. I thought, "WTF?!" Then I swirved right, then there was another car going toward me that was behind the other car that was originally in front of me. I obvioulsy couldn't go back to my right lane because the big rig was there. So I just slowed down and went behind the big rig. The guy behind me was also confused. I caused a big confusion amongst many drivers yesterday.
We laugh about it (now), only because nothing happened.
Right when we got home that day, I told Nick I wanted to go to church to give thanks and praise to God for keeping us safe.
Sigh. This weekend went by super fast. Now my sinuses are acting up >=X
All right. Enough stories for tonight. I'd better get some rest tonight so I can continue to do my job!
By the way, GK fell asleep in my arms while I was playing the song, "Bubbly," by Colbie Calliat. I used to play that song to her when she was a new born. It was one of those moments I wanted to cherish because I knew that it won't be long until I can't carry her in my arms anymore like the little baby that she is.
P.S. RIP Brittany Murphy.
No comments:
Post a Comment