Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Father Suarez

About 1,000 people lined up outside St. Michael’s Catholic Church Monday, May 19 to attend an anticipated healing mass to be held by Father Fernando Suarez at 7 PM. Many were holding opened umbrellas to protect themselves from the 80 degree weather and children left the line to play with their friends on the grass.

About another 200 people were waiting at the parish center, all in wheel chairs hoping to get healed by the priest.

According to his website, http://www.fatherfernando.com/, there are many testimonials from people who have been healed by God through Father Suarez including many forms of cancer, arthritis, pain, and more.

The priest was not hesitant with showing his humorous side during the mass.
“I didn’t think this was a Filipino church because your priest told me that there were people who came here early,” Father Fernando Suarez said jokingly during the homily, making a reference to Filipino time.

Suarez said the first time he knew that he had the gift to heal was when he prayed over a lady when he was 13. The lady was not able to walk 20 years. He said a prayer over her as he touched her forehead. When he was done, the lady stood up and was able to walk.

My Uncle, Andrelito Soto was also one of the people that God healed through Suarez. My Uncle had an ear infection as a kid that did not heal properly. As a result, he lost a lot of his hearing.

Soto went to Suarez in Pampanga, Philippines and without saying anything to the priest, Suarez said to him, “There is something wrong with your ear.” He touched my Uncle’s ear, prayed over him, and he can now hear a whole lot better.

Suarez said that he is not the one who heals people, but it is God that helps him heal people.

After the homily, he told the people in the church to touch the part of their body that needed healing with their right hand.

I almost panicked. “I’m healthy! I don’t need to be healed! I mean I feel pains every now and then, but I’m fine!” I thought. I did some weird motions with my right hand trying to figure out where to put it. “Should I put it on my chest because I’ve been having chest pain/heart burn lately? Should I put it on my left eye that’s red? Should I put it on my head for when I get head aches? Should I put it on my stomach for when I get cramps? Or what about my neck…”

I placed it on my heart. My heart needs to find peace so that peace can pump, flow, and radiate through the veins and capillaries to the soul of my being. I felt the longest, coolest, breeze blowing against my face and I knew it was the Holy Spirit telling me that everything’s going to be OK and I believe Him.

No comments: