Man, the essence of my writing has been stripped down to straight up facts. I used to write with so much feeling and I'm stuck. I don't know how to get the way I feel out on words. It's hurting my brain--- like really! I was trying to do some poetry right now; however, nothing was fluid. I know what I want to say just not in a poetic way. DAMN these words.
Even when I was writing my opinion piece, it was so hard for me because trust me, I have my two cents that I want to include (plus a dime and a few dollars), but caught dayum! I had to stop myself because I had this need to be "objective". The end result to being objective is a shitty opinion piece with no flow.
I have to redeem myself. Not for anyone else- just myself. We all know that we are our worst critic.
What's up with Cingular? I answered Nick's phone because my mom was calling, and there was some dude asking me if I was "hiring" in Spanish.
Then Marco calls me and for like 3 minutes some dude was talking to me in Spanish. I was like, "Is this Gonzalo?" I was trying to find someone a couple of days ago to translate one of my articles in Spanish, so I thought it was Gonzalo playing a joke. So I started playing back.
Dude: Por que?
Me: Por que? Por que pine? PORCUPINE!!!
Dude: Por que?
Me: PORKY PIG!!!
Dude: (Spanish talk)
Me: Ok, tell Marco, call me back later.
He calls me back a few minutes later and I tell him what happened.
He said: Rene's phone was doing that earlier too.
Weird. Nicholas said that they were tapping into the line. You know, Big Brother.
Lastly, before I talk about my first newspaper production week as an editor, I want to see how it turns out.
I'll say this though. I work with some talented, smart, and dedicated people. I feel very honored. I just better not see any major changes when it's on paper! Otherwise I'll flip out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Willing to Express.
- Bambu
- Blue Scholars
- Charlye
- Christina
- Dennis
- DJ Phatrick
- EJ
- FTS Technology
- FYS Gentlemen
- Gabe
- Gawad Kalinga
- Guerilla Busfare
- I AM THAT GIRL
- J Morco Inc.
- James
- Jeryl
- Jeryl's knowledge center
- Jessica
- Joanna
- Jon
- Kiran
- Liz
- Lynn
- Medjoy
- Medjoy's Fashion Blog
- Michael Baisden
- MISS CREW
- MISSBEHAVE
- Never odd or Even
- NYLON
- Pnoy Apparel
- Post Secret
- Sheryl
- Tariq
- The Art of Jon Ventura
- The Backroom Podcast Blog
- The Backroom Podcast Show
- Toeknee
- VICE
- Victor
No comments:
Post a Comment