Wednesday, March 5, 2008

because we NEED more slutty examples for our youth.

I was speaking to one of the ladies on my dance team and we were just joking around about how there's all these damn reality shows. Especially with new bands, or what have you.

I said, "Yeah, because we need more 'new bands', right?"
She responded with, "Yeah, we need more slutty examples for our children."

Haha. Entertainment is fine in certain forms and I do find myself watching Making the Band and I confess my guilty pleasure is leather goods; however, I know that these things do not make me who I am. I think if people can differentiate glamor from reality, then our people would be in a better state of mind. What about that percentage of people who do watch these shows and try to mimic what they see?

My dance mate and I were just joking around, but underneath our sarcastic humor lies the truth of a subtle message that generates fear, insecurity, and hate.

Let me start this off by quoting one of Kanye West's songs entitled All Falls Down.
"They make us hate ourselves and love they wealth/That's why shawty's hollerin' where tha balla's at?!"

Make the people FEAR being ugly because looks are highly valued in society. (Reminder: Beauty is subjective)
Make our people FEEL ugly inside so that we can buy their product.
MAKE the people FEEL fat and ugly so we can have our people force themselves to starve and purge.
Make the people feel this way because it will help the economy.

I say OUR people because I feel that we have a duty to watch out for one another. Not in a sense where I'm gonna pay your bills, but because there are those who are weak. Just being a positive example for others can be more than enough.

I think I'm gonna start making a conscious effort of boycotting mindless television.

BOYCOTT STUPIT T.V. Watch The Wire or something. Peace.

No comments: