Happy 27th birthday to the homie, Efren!
Happy 25th birthday to my best gal, April!
It’s a Friday and while most are running around headless damaging their livers or what have you, I am here, wishing to be one of the headless, but OK knowing I can be at home relaxing/resting. I was supposed to call one of the homies back; however, it’s already past midnight and I’d hate to keep em up.
So today was fairly easy going… a little emotional, but all good right now.
Our massage therapist went to the hotel today and she got the knot out of my left shoulder. It’s uber sore right now and I smell like a grandparent who rubs too much Vicks on their chest. I requested for her to use the “Chinese-minty-smelling” oil because it really loosens you up and penetrates deep into your skin (that’s what she said-- no really). I was really tight in my shoulders. God bless you Wendy (massage therapist). You are truly an angel on earth.
I spoke to Gwennie, soon to be Dr. Gitana, who is finishing her last few months in North Kakalaki. What a resource she is! I’ve been feeling under the weather lately so I gave her all my symptoms: Since last Friday- sore throat, sneezing like crazy. Coughing occasionally. Stuffy nose. Congestion. She told me I didn’t need the drugs. I need more aqua! So you can safely place a bet that I’m drinking all the water right now. I want to hit those high notes on Sunday. “Surely”, I do. Thanks Gwennie!
Then I spoke to Armel on the phone. We were both lazy tonight. Lazy as in “I don’t wanna go out.” Got off the phone with Nicholas about half an hour ago crying to him. It surely makes all the difference in the world when your significant other is a shoulder to cry on. I love him, purely and passionately.
I’ll leave you with something that was said to me earlier by someone very dear to me:
You know, Kathy, when I lost Jeffrey, I thought I was going to lose it. I felt like I was going to go crazy. I told my dad, “Dad, there isn’t even a God anymore.” My dad hugged me and said, “My child, please do not say that. You don’t know how good God is.”
Jeffrey was my world, what I lived for, the good I had in my life. I was so close to God. I did not know why he was testing me. That was a cruel test. Imagine having to spend Christmas Eve in the hospital, then the doctor told me my son had died. My world was over. I had no one. I lost it. I became an alcoholic. I went to school drunk. I was a wreck.
Then after a few months I went inside the church since the church was right there. I fell to the floor and broke down apologizing to God for saying I did not believe in Him anymore. I moved forward. I moved on. And I know that God is good because he gave me you...
From that point on, I decided to leave everything up to God. Life brings many failures, but if you nail everything to the cross, no matter what, God will provide.
The birds do not starve. God won’t let the birds starve. If he won’t let the birds starve, imagine what more he wants to give us, his children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Willing to Express.
- Bambu
- Blue Scholars
- Charlye
- Christina
- Dennis
- DJ Phatrick
- EJ
- FTS Technology
- FYS Gentlemen
- Gabe
- Gawad Kalinga
- Guerilla Busfare
- I AM THAT GIRL
- J Morco Inc.
- James
- Jeryl
- Jeryl's knowledge center
- Jessica
- Joanna
- Jon
- Kiran
- Liz
- Lynn
- Medjoy
- Medjoy's Fashion Blog
- Michael Baisden
- MISS CREW
- MISSBEHAVE
- Never odd or Even
- NYLON
- Pnoy Apparel
- Post Secret
- Sheryl
- Tariq
- The Art of Jon Ventura
- The Backroom Podcast Blog
- The Backroom Podcast Show
- Toeknee
- VICE
- Victor
No comments:
Post a Comment