Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Slow Jams.

Happy Sunday everyone! Right now I'm making a play list that brings you back to your junior high days when we didn't have to think about global warming, wild fires, terrorism, and things of that nature. The only things we had to worry about was impressing our crushes, easy ass school work, and getting pimples. All you people that share the same demographic know what I'm talking about- the old school slow jams including Jodeci, Shai, 112, Az Yet, Atlantic Star, New Edition, etc. The kind of songs that make you go to bed at night and dream about "THE ONE".

I know for a fact I was not someone that all the guys lined up to ask out. I so did not care about appearances until I was a junior in high school. I never plucked my eyebrows or used chapped stick. I hardly used a brush and I never had a compact. I was chinky eyed, snot nosed, tomboyish.

I think it changed when I realized the people around me started to grow out of that elementary phase and caring about their appearances. They started getting admirers. I had one admirer who was my friend, but the second I found out he liked me I totally ignored him for 3 years! I’m messed up. So I guess I noticed that people were actually taking care of themselves and by taking care I mean cleaning up their eyebrows and putting on lip gloss. I tried it too. I plucked my eyebrows, got some liquid eyeliner, brown lip liner, and sprayed my hair with Sun-In. I totally did a 360 from what I used to be all because I wanted to fit in.

Gheez. Social acceptance can be cruel sometime, but it’s inevitable for me to have plucked my eyebrows.

1 comment:

gabe said...

I was never really in to R&B stuff in Junior High. But, there is one song I will always remember that brings me back to my junior high days. "This D.J" by Warren G.

"It's kind of easy when you're listening to the G-Dub sound.
Pioneer speakers bumpin as I smoke on a pound...I got the sound for you ass and it's easy to see That this D.J. be Warren G" lol