Thursday, April 3, 2008

"it's all relevant."

The Beatles. They were such an awesome group! History repeats itself and a lot of their songs reflected their time. I think there needs to be more artists and less "stars" nowadays.



I think that a lot of Top 40, mainstream hip hop, is used as a distraction. To distract our people from the reality of things. Instead, a lot of music on the radio focuses on glamor through materialism, alcoholism, and drugism. Wow. What a way to brainwash our people. Our time (from the late nineties and so forth) is about pop culture, gangsterism, and survivalism.

I can't help turning up the music though when I hear T Pain's hit song "Buy you a Drink."

Maybe I can invest in satellite radio.

I think that's why a lot of mid 90s kids are so emo. Not because of the emo music. In fact, in ways I think emo counters pop culture. I think because kids at that age were brought into a lot of negativity.

My generation never had to worry about terrorism until we were reaching "adult" age. When we were born, all the Cold War stuff was pretty much dying down. We had a scare in the early 90s with Kuwait. Nothing really to worry about growing up.

I think kids have it a lot harder nowadays. With dealing with obesity, large budget cuts with the education system, the stress from their parents, over populated areas, and so forth and such and then on...

...I think in such helpless times, music and God save us.

Hmmm... I have no idea where this is going, but I like the Beatles.

No comments: