Thank you to everyone who made it out yesterday. It was a huge success. Numbers aren't final, but it is speculated that over 11,000 people were in attendance at this year's FilAmFest.
I was glad to see all the people come out to support the Filipino American community. It was not just Filipinos that were there, but all races. I love it! Of course there were the wanna be thugs, and thugs tryna be hard at a community event. What do you expect, it's in the middle of National City and South East Side. "Liquor store, church, liquor store, chicken shack, liquor store church, liquor store, check cashed." -Bambu
GROUPIE TALK:
Speaking of which, Bambu stayed at the hotel on Friday night. My aunt had already left the inn around 11 PM, and Anthony (the inn keeper) was knocked out. He called JR to let him know that no one was there to answer the door. Of course, this is a big embarrassment to both my brother and myself who are both fans of Bambu's work. So we get the key at my Aunt's house (luckily we were in National City doing work at the office) and then we dashed to IB.
As we got there, Anthony was already awake because JR woke up Roca (a guest at the hotel) to ask her to wake up Anthony. (I KNOW RIGHT!? JR woke up a GUEST to wake up the inn keeper. Shouldn't be like that!!!)
Bambu and DJ Phatrick were there up front, holding a mini flask of Henn, totally chill that they were locked out for about half an hour. We apologize whole heartedly because outside looking in, this is really shitty customer service. Instead of being a diva about it, Bambu and DJ Phatty were thankful that we were there. We showed them to their room and they gave us his Exact Change CD. Actually, he gave Jeryl a CD first, then he looked at me and he was like, "are you both together?" Then he said, "Do you want your own CD." Then I practically SCREECH, "I WANT A CD TOO!!!" Total groupie status! Gosh I am such a nerd sometimes I shake my head no at myself.
So anyway, he came through the booth and signed my CD yesterday. It reads, "KAT!!! SERVE THE PEOPLE! ISULONG. BAMBU*."
ISULONG means continue.
That's all for today the Chargers are playing as we speak!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Willing to Express.
- Bambu
- Blue Scholars
- Charlye
- Christina
- Dennis
- DJ Phatrick
- EJ
- FTS Technology
- FYS Gentlemen
- Gabe
- Gawad Kalinga
- Guerilla Busfare
- I AM THAT GIRL
- J Morco Inc.
- James
- Jeryl
- Jeryl's knowledge center
- Jessica
- Joanna
- Jon
- Kiran
- Liz
- Lynn
- Medjoy
- Medjoy's Fashion Blog
- Michael Baisden
- MISS CREW
- MISSBEHAVE
- Never odd or Even
- NYLON
- Pnoy Apparel
- Post Secret
- Sheryl
- Tariq
- The Art of Jon Ventura
- The Backroom Podcast Blog
- The Backroom Podcast Show
- Toeknee
- VICE
- Victor
What's done is done.
-
▼
2008
(142)
-
▼
October
(17)
- I'm going through a really exciting time in my lif...
- I'm going through a really exciting time in my lif...
- ...
- 452 am.
- Not a trend, my friend.
- "Things will never be the same again."
- Blah.
- fun and innovative.
- Animals are interesting...
- What's going on in the world today...
- FALL off beat.
- Another spectacular turnout at FilAmFest
- 96 years.
- THANKS!!!
- I wasn't here this morning, but we got coverage fr...
- A mixture of things...
- Yesterday was put on pause...
-
▼
October
(17)
No comments:
Post a Comment