Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh gawd.

I really need to mess with the HTML here so I can make my blog look better OR at least make it so that it is a better representation of me.

Thinking about some of the life changes I've been through since I found out I was pregnant and they include the following:

-Not intoxicating my body with poison every Friday. Seeing drunken pics from over the weekend makes me realize, "I ain't missin' out on much." Big ups to y'all holding it down in that department anyway.
-What I do miss is getting ready, buying new fits, and struggling to put on my fake eye lashes just because it's oh so fun to look cute! Let's face it. Women don't get pregnant because maternity clothes are fashionable. But you know what? I feel freakin' fab. Thank goodness for billowy dresses though =)
-MAJOR mood swings (as opposed to my minor mood swings prior to my pregnancy).
-Accepting and learning that I will never have my body back the way it was before.
-Accepting and LOVING my soon-to-be stretch marks- or as some women call it, battle scars of birth. BEST BELIEVE I'm rubbing in that cocoa butter as if it will really help. We all know it won't, but I do it religiously. And God bless you women who are blessed not to have stretch marks. I dunno why God made it unfair that way, but don't worry, I don't hate you.
-My new found love for pancakes.
-Making grown decisions with baby daddy, my team mate, my life coach. Talkin' about growing pains.
-How to spend money wisely (this one we're working on together. Thank goodness for Microsoft Excel).
-Watching what I eat. OK. So gummy bears and sour gummy bears aren't the healthiest of all healthy, but sometimes a lady's got to give in. My appetite has never been so ravenous in my life (duh). If you are starving and looking to eat a grip load, please do call me! That way I won't feel so bad when I stuff my body with tonsa food seeing that you yourself are stuffing your own body with tonsa food. (tonsa translates to tons of in case you didn't get my drift).
-Feeling super duper sleepy that I don't want to do diddly squat. Melissa was telling me that it'll all end once the baby is born and to prepare myself for 2 hour naps a day. Wowzas.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Back to work.

1 comment:

gabe said...

"Big ups to y'all holding it down in that department anyway." lol

My mom use to tell me she had a thing for pancakes and eggs when she was pregnant. Not side-by-side, but actually putting eggs(sunnyside up) on top of pancakes with a liberal dose of syrup all over them. Sounds kind of gross, but I tried it and it ain't that bad.