Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Woah. Who woulda thought.

I downloaded a few apps on my iPhone last night including Myspace, Facebook, USA Today, Handy Lever, and the Holy Rosary.

Pretty nifty.

Headlines:

Manufacturer possibly linked to salmonella-tainted peanut butter begins recall.

I was looking at the news on my phone right when I woke up and this definitely woke me up more than my alarm clock did.

I made two pb&j's yesterday (man, were they delicious!) and this article startled me, obviously because I am concerned for the health of the life growing inside me.

Thankfully, after more Google searching, none of the recalls included Skippy, the brand that I purchased yesterday to make my pb&j.

Sad to say, three people died because of this salmonella outbreak. Another example of brutal negligence due to corporations shortchanging consumers.

It takes a tragedy before people start to take action and care.

No comments: