Amidst all the chaos yesterday produced, I found relief and hope watching Sen. Clinton (D) speak last night when I was watching her live on FOX (gag). No, I'm not a Hilary "titty sucker", but listening to all the issues that were touched up on and seeing the desire for change on people's faces was quite moving. (NCLR repeat).
"What a time to be alive."
This is the Progressive Era all over again only this time around different issues are at hand. The beginning of the Bush era led us to the current socio-economic crisis. While everyone wants to point fingers at who's to blame, I think in the end we can only blame ourselves for not standing up and realizing the power we have in us. We let demagoguery take the best of us by allowing our emotions and fears to get played on, leaving us insecure and greedy. Then we wonder why the upcoming generation is so "emo." Go figure. Look at all the $H+ we're putting them through. We are so into objectifying ourselves that we forget the real issue at hand (that someone else is making a fortune out of our insecurities).
What other nation has one in three kids obese? Only the nation that keeps asking for MORE than what we already have. In actuality, we have enough. Whatever happened to simplicity?
Granted, there is no ONE political party that has a clean slate. We have two really good candidates up for election right now. I do like Sen. McCain (R), but I don't agree with the political party that he is affiliated with, especially with immigration issues. I don't agree with the inhumane things that have been going on such as extraordinary renditions and ice raids. By doing so, it's undermining human rights and what our founding fathers have instilled in the Constitution.
Sen. Obama (D) is also another man who leaves me in awe and gives me that what-a-time-to-be-alive-vibe, but I question his take on foreign policy. I also don't agree with this "alternative fuel" that Sen. Hilary was talking about because biofuel is only a temporary solution to the energy crisis. That has lobbyist power written all over it. Sooner or later, we are going to have wars over ears of corn.
I know it seems far fetched, but I believe that if we don't solve or help the issue, our generation is going to witness food shortages, wars, erratic weather, and pretty much the end of mankind. So eat your prayers and say your vitamins.
Seriously though, don't think I'm pessimistic because I'm not. I really do believe that there are a handful of gifted and talented individuals that will use their gifts for the betterment of mankind. Hokey? Not really. More like survivalism. We need to do it to survive.

No comments:
Post a Comment