Sunday, August 10, 2008

My worse habit(s).

I curse like a sailor.

It's a bad habit because it displays ignorance, not to mention it's not very ladylike. I can't help it though. Curse words are apart of my upbringing more so from when my older cousins watched over me when I was a kid. They were from the city where toughness gives you street cred and sometimes toughness meant being vulgar.

I remember the first time I said a bad word. It was in 2nd grade and I was at the upper playground in El Toyon (before I got transferred to the gifted school-- don't hate, Lynn). I was chasing some guy around the sand box who would later on become my first "boyfriend" in high school. To fit in with the rowdy boys, I said the word "shit." I realized how free I felt, that no one was there to regulate, particularly my grandmother who would probably get a bar of Likas Papaya and wash my mouth with it. Freedom of speech. Don't you just love it? USA, USA!!!

Speaking of USA, we SMOSHED those freedom fries.

Back to what I was saying.

Another bad habit I have is the fact that it's hard for me to follow through with certain things. That's because my priorities are all discombobulated, but I do things based on what's relevant to me at the time. It all catches up with me later on though.

For instance, I have been wanting to get back into dancing for the longest time, but I just don't seem to make time out to start dancing again... Even if it is taking master class with Funks or something. I miss it and I'm starting to think it's too late to get back into it. Plus I'm super busy. When I go back to school it'll be even more crazy so there goes that idea being swept under the rug.

---
Jeryl told me about this website. Stuff white people like. I found it to be clever and insightful for yuppies alike.

---

Thanks to everyone who came out last night! I don't need to include details, I just want to say that I'm very thankful and I appreciate everyone who I have crossed paths with during my 25 years on earth. Thank you so much.

---

Weekend pics:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




---
RIP to Mr. Bernie Mac.

No comments: