Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend. Olympics. SM. Fantasy.

Currently listening to: The Beatles - Hey Jude
I have a ton of questions so please don't be alarmed.

Happy Birthday to Iron Man G, aka Gerard Felicitas! He's one of the three returning visitors to Fresh Fish. Haha. 27, hollerate, motivate. Going to the G-Spot tonight for some BBQ. Hopefully I can roll with someone because even though I've been there a few times, I forgot where it's at.

Weekend in review:

Friday:
.-work
.-cleaned a little.
.-met up with the FilAmFest organizing committee at Ultra Star Cinema for the Philippine Cinema Showcase. It was a good turn out!
.-dinner with the Bunkz.
.-goofed off with Abby. (It's POPPIN', it's POPPIN!!!)
.-met up with Nicholas.
.-watched the Olympics.
.-knocked the f*ck out waiting for the homies to call me, but they ended up calling late all kinds!

Saturday:
.-brunch at the Macario's with Dan, Mel, Rach, Wylene, Roselle, Davey, Jaz, Alex, and of course Auntie Lupe and Uncle Art.
.-Uncle Art was on a roll! He made such a simple meal taste soooo good: Eggs (sunny side up), spam, rice, and sea weed sprinkles! Tasted like a spam musubi meal.
.-watermelon slices.
.-cleaned the entire day!
.-went to the hospital because Grandpa got admitted.
.-talked with Grandma and Auntie Ana.
.-dinner at the Macario's. Uncle Art was on a roll. He made lau lau. For those of you that don't know, lau lau is a Hawaiian dish made up of pork and fish bundled in a banana leaf. It was my first time having it and it was goooood.
.-VISIONS!!! (all day everyday haha) to meet up with April, Matty, Irwin, Cheryl, Krys, Jordy, Abby, Lynn, Gerry, Dennis, Nol, and Vince.
.-I was hungry when we got home so Nick made me gourmet top ramen. He put pieces of chicken, egg, chopped up green onions, and sesame oil. He made it look so nice!!! I was reminded I have a really good man who loves me so much to do the littlest things like that. I know it was just top ramen, but I felt adored.

Sunday:
.-House of Philippines at Balboa Park. It was really nice because it was my first time at the International Houses. I love culture! It's awesome (for lack of a better word).
.-Nap.
.-Kenny and Melissa's wonderful engagement party at the Cabuang's. It was blazing hot and I probably lost 5 pounds from sweating. Nonetheless, the party was very nice and Melissa, as usual, was a gracious host!
.-Church.
.-Met up with The Backroom Podcast and the cast of Joy Luck Club at the Bonita office. Good job Trish for setting that one up!
.-Did the Bunkz show, but hopefully we're not going to put that up because we were so tired we made dollars, aka, no cents.

OLYMPICS.
Bryan Clay.- Wow. Is he amazing or what? Not to mention quite the looker. Anyway, he won the Olympic Gold in Decathlon. What a man of strength!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Get it boy! Photo from Getty Images.


The Redeem Team. I was watching the game at Visions Sports Bar and what a game it was. So many highlights! I f'love Kobe. Have to admit though... Rudy Fernandez put Dwight Howard in his place when he got dunked on. Wow. That was pretty mean and nasty.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
photo from yougotdunkedon.blogspot.com.


My man, Kobe, finally got the gold medal. You go boy! Way to go Redeem Team.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Shawn Merriman.
I suppose now that the Olympics are over, we can focus on football season. My boy, Shawn Merriman is more than likely OUT for the season. I am so sad and I don't know what we're going to do now! I am stating the obvious by saying he's our key player when it comes to our d-line... so now what?! Damn. I was actually at church praying for him to get better.

Fantasy.
Remember watching Rush Hour for the first time? Well, this has got to be my favorite part in the movie: when the girl gets kidnapped and right before she does she's belting her little heart out to Mariah Carey's hit single, Fantasy. Oh man, that's when I used to think Mariah Carey was cool. She's still cool, but I miss her back in the day when she kept it real. So here ya go:

I love the look on the driver's face while she's singing, but man... what a way to go. It's OK, it's just a movie.

No comments: