Thursday, August 21, 2008

THURSDAY!

Are we getting old or am I just getting too damn tired?!

Yesterday I met up with one of my long time friends, Toeknee, to discuss some stuff for the festival. I really look forward to working with him in the future because I know he can get the job done and overall, I think we can all agree that TK has a good heart when it comes to this kind of stuff.

We ate at Fudrucker's with some of the other organizing committee members. I swear I ate my hamburger in like three bites and did not even take a breath when I was slurping down my vanilla shake.

Afterward, I went with Ed back to the office so we could work on some technical stuff. Emails, follow ups, etc. Then we went to get some of the boys from 114 to help them attend a seminar in San Martin.

I was at the Maac Project yesterday (where Willy G. held his workshop) and I couldn't help but feel proud for many reasons.

1.- Nick's grandpa was one of the founders for the Maac Project.
2.- All of my brother's friends have been involved with this community driven organization.
3.- Seeing all the good things they've done within the community such as provide a safe haven for kids who are apart of a low income family. They have internet services for them, workshops for college, and mentors.
4.- Helping out low income families with jobs, housing, health services, and community workshops.
5.- These guys have watched me grow up and they are doing good things within the community and it drives me to give back and be a better person overall.
6.- They remain humble through it all.

On that note, you can learn a lot walking with humility but the beauty of life includes embracing it and taking it for what it is and growing as a person. Non-stop, baby.

After that we went to Golden Chopsticks in the Nasty and I haven't eaten there for a while. I used to go there all the time when I was younger getting my favorite: chicken fried rice and Mongolian beef. Yesterday I ate like a monster. I had two servings of fried rice and Mongolian beef, roast duck, and like five fried wontons. Monster!!!

We discussed some stuff with Leo (aka listener number 10) about The Backroom Podcast. I see his vision (no no no, not Visions. It's not Friday yet...) and I hope that we can emulate a model that will drive more listeners aside from the 10 we have (not including us 10).

Now I'm thinking about what the heck to eat for lunch. Signs are pointing toward Vietnamese food. I love pho!!!!

Today: Office supply shopping with the Bunkz, meeting with Ed and a client, LUNCH, play with my dog and clean. Let's hang out!!!

Stay hungry... metaphorically o'course!

No comments: