I spent the day with Kris on Christmas Eve. We did some MAJOR last minute shopping at Plaza Bonita where we ran into a lot of high school alumni and former dance mates.
In order:
-Dennis P.
-Liberty Vaughn
-Richard Jay
-Marie Manalo
-Michael Lozano
I'm pretty sure there was more people we ran into, but my memory has been as foggy as dawn in the central valley.
Kris ran into about four other people because he is a lot more friendly and popular than I. Running into them was pretty cool. I'm not really big on small talk, but Kris is the genuine master of small talk. I say genuine because he's not superficial when it comes to small talk and he makes people feel comfortable with his sense of humor and goofiness.
Like I said it was nice running into familiar faces. It extended our amount of time allotted at the mall which caused me to buy "panic" gifts, but I was pretty happy with my purchases and my experience at the mall.
Man, SD is so small. Everyone knows everyone.
I went with Kris to church, but ended up leaving with Nicholas who was working earlier. Right when we got to my place, we started cleaning the house and preparing the food for our annual Noche Buena celebration. After about an hour, we had to go to church again. When we got back from church, we went straight to the kitchen to cook.
This year it was just five of us because my mom is in the Philippines and the rest of my SD family went to Vallejo. Nonetheless, it was very intimate. I was thankful to share Christmas Eve with close friends and family.
We went to midnight mass after dinner. Before that I went with Marie to meet up with Kris who was going to watch a movie at Plaza Bonita so I could get Nick's gift that I purposely left in Kris' car. I got Nick some more basketball shoes- as if I didn't give him enough during the whole five years we've been together. And what better gift yet than Kobe's Hyperdunks! It's like we both benefit from it... loves it.
After midnight mass, we headed over to the parish hall where the rest of the 114 Entertainment Crew were posted munchin' on some goodies.
I woke up Nick when I got home so he could open his gift. He was very happy with it =)
The next morning we opened up gifts at my place. Then we cleaned up a little bit and headed over to Nick's house where his family was throwing it down in the kitchen. All I gotta say is I love holidays with the Macarios!!! God bless their cooking skills, always.
We spent the day eating, caroling, playing with the kids, eating, opening gifts, simply enjoying each others company, and cleaning.
Nick and I went back to my house to spend the rest of Christmas with my older brother. Julius and Ed came right before we started showing Home Alone Part I. I ended up falling asleep.
On Friday, I did laundry and Nick steam cleaned the stairs and hallway. I made spaghetti and watched Love Actually. One of my favorite scenes:
Personally, my favorite story out of all of those characters is her story:

Let me explain why. [Movie spoiler:] Unfortunately, I forgot the name of her character. In the movie she has the hots for some fly looking Spanish guy at her office. Her boss calls her into his office and suggests that she make a move on the guy she has the hots for because everyone at work knows about it, even the guy she has the hots for.
At their company holiday party, they start flirting and talking more. They end up going home together, but before they have hot steamy you-know-what, her phone starts ringing. Throughout the movie, her phone is always ringing and she always answers it. It's her brother who is not well that keeps on calling her because he suffers from severe paranoia or is maybe even schizoid (they don't actually indicate his condition in the movie, but he's not all totally there).
I know. Her story is not the typical cupcaker fairy tale of a story, but I believe that the love that she has for her unwell brother is real, unconditional love. She sacrificed herself and her chance at her own love/lust (whatever it may be) to ensure that her brother was OK. She accepts him even with his condition.
I have seen first hand through my family, Nick's family, and my mom's clients who own home health care centers that it can be difficult to care for people who don't fit the social mold. It's sad that they are viewed that way. My heart goes out to them and their caretakers because you have to be very strong and patient for the other person. The kind of strength and patience that can only be drawn from love.
[End movie spoiler]
Later on that evening we went to eat at Curry House with Nick, my brother and some 114 heads. It was satisfying.
After dinner, we caught a late showing of Slumdog Millionaire. I have to say it was one of the best movies I've seen in theaters all year. I highly suggest to watch it. It's fairly long, but I don't feel like it drags. Check out the link: Slumdog Millionaire or the YouTube video. You might be interested.
Slumdog Millionaire:
The movie takes place in India. It brings action, drama, comedy, family values, love and what you would do for someone you love onto the table. I liked it because it was a lighthearted film with a dark side to it.
OK, that's all I have time for right now. Hopefully the Chargers will win tomorrow. PEACE!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment